The Challenge Quake 3 (CNQ3) Engine
Here are lists of the major improvements over the original Quake III Arena engine.
- 64-bit support.
- Improved auto-completion.
- Detailed crash reports, including VM stack traces.
- Built-in help system and help text (
- Many bug fixes.
- It is the official CPMA engine (not required, but recommended).
- Better-looking dynamic lights (
- A fast download system that gets the right files (
- Gamma correction is always available and will never ever change your screen settings (
- Faster map loads and reduced CPU usage.
- Monitor selection (
- Help panel drawn below the console (
- Windows: raw mouse input support (
- Linux: new code for window, input, video and audio.
- Linux: built-in process restart. Process restarts can happen after a certain amount of time has passed (and no player is connected) or after a crash.